Amphora produced by Salviati circa 1880. The hand blown citrine colored opalescent glass vessel is internally decorated with gold powders. Inspired by ancient Greek pottery, the Amphora was a traditionally a two-handled pot with a neck narrower than its larger body, a wide mouth opening and the tapering base that sits on a splayed foot. Salviati & Co. was founded in 1877 in Murano, Venice, Italy, by Dr Antonio Salviati, Enrico Podio, and Lorenzo Radi. In 1883 it was purchased by the Barovier family.
provenance: Martin Cohen Arts
Please fill in the information below