Two pairs of handkerchief shaped wall light, designed and produced by J. T. Kalmar for Franken Kg, Austria, 1960's. The smoked glass is hand blown with granules relief at its core and mounted on a chrome bracket. Kalmar was founded in Vienna by Julius Theodore Kalmar (1884-1968). In the 1920's Theodor studied under celebrated architect and designer Joseph Hoffman. Hoffman's influence on Kalmar pushed the company into a new direction towards Modernism. It was not until the 1960's that Kalmar expanded internationally into lighting.
Creator: Jan Franken (Designer),Kalmar Lighting(Manufacturer)
Sold As: Set of 2
Place of Origin: Germany
Please fill in the information below